Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning a low water 3 day duckie trip for 16. We have 2 small boats for the kitchen, groover, coolers. Looking for suggestions on tasty meals hopefully lightweight and non cooler. Thanks!

·
Registered
461 Posts
I did a Grand Canyon kayak self-support trip this winter. Space savings was important and no way to pack a cooler.

We took almost entirely Backpackers Pantry dehydrated breakfast and dinners and were blown away at how good they were.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
29 Posts
We use thrive life.com freeze dried food. They have recipes on their web site, I find what we want, put in the servings needed and order the amount you need. I put together the meals in seal a meal bags. Add water, boil, and enjoy.

Sent from my Lenovo B6000-F using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
5 Posts
I definitely second the Backpackers Pantry. They are awesome and the best no-cooler food that I have had. They have good options for all meals, including deserts!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Check out backpacking light forums

If you google for backpackinglight and sauces, you'll find a post where somebody put together a bunch of shelf stable sauces that you can use to feed large groups (with your grain of choice). They're pretty tasty, too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts