Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking for some after work action, but thanks. I know it won't be "good" but is it on par with Lyons?

·
Registered
396 Posts
its colorado's answer to rock island, but its munchier than RI looks, youve got to hike a half mile down pine creek trail near blue mesa dam to get there, and it only runs when blue mesa is dumping water into crystal resevoir as its dumping water. it ran for a few days but now it looks like they are holding water again so i wouldnt expect it to be up again until the fish study is over with

·
Registered
218 Posts
I was at the Clear creek park on Monday @ 90+ cfs and it was not much worth mentioning. There was actually a couple holes upstream that that were more playful than the Library that would be more worth checking out. There is also as much play at the Confluence at the moment then at Clear creek under 100cfs. Both are better than nothing at all if ya just want to get on a little water.

·
Registered
648 Posts
C-470 & Santa Fe

The level needs to be at 320 to be ok, although you can surf it at 210. Don't expect much even at 320 with regard to flat spins or side surfing, at 320 you can front surf and back surf all day long.

At higher levels(if the Denver water gods so release) 500 to 1200 cfs it gets very interesting down there. The wave gets very pronounced and pushy with a lot of turbulance in the trough, kinda like Smelter at 500. You'll bounce a lot in it. Since the slot is narrow, take care with flipping in it. You might end up with a headache. I did it once a few years ago and the level was insane at 1500+ and I got the ride of my life on it. 8 ft wave, with a beautiful glassed trough.

Three better drops are about 1/4 mile above Hudson Gardens, again, these are manmade and watch for rocks when upside down.

The gauge to really give you a good view on the flow is Above Union Ave or At Union Ave. then you might look to the Below Chatfield gauge too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts