Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just made this is weekend, got tired of trying to rig 5 gal buckets. Probably a bit of over kill but as least is will stay in the boat in the event....

Let see what everyone else is using!

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought it from DRE with their hand wash set up. This is a link to foot pump, it is the nicest one I have found.

Whale Marine - Products

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here is the one I made a few years ago. I used the baby foot pump as well. you can find them on eBay or amazon for $20-$30. I bought a piece of automotive brake line for less than $2 and a handheld pipe bender at harbor freight for I think around $6.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I made one from a boat transfer pump and some rubber and copper tubing and a couple of clamps. Lasted several years but toting the two buckets always was a pita.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I use 2 powdered laundry detergent buckets. They are much smaller and nest together nicely and fit in my drybox. When in use I stack them so you dont have to bend over so far. I have also found that the pumps need to be mounted to a piece of board to keep them from sinking into soft sand.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Where in the world does one find inexpensive square buckets if you don't use powdered laundry detergent or buy kitty litter??!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Good luck with finding cheap square buckets. You might be able to use some food storage containers from walmart. I haven't looked as we use powdered detergent and they are the perfect size. Kitty litter containers are too big IMHO. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Where in the world does one find inexpensive square buckets if you don't use powdered laundry detergent or buy kitty litter??!

A lot of restaurants buy their mayo in 4 gallon square food safe buckets that they throw away, just ask. Here are photos of my one gallon hand wash station for small one boat trips.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
No-pump hand wash system

Here is a picture of my gravity-powered hand wash system. It consists of 2 buckets and a feed scoop with a few holes drilled in it. I cut off the lip of the feed scoop to fit better into the upper tank bucket. Just dip the scoop into the upper tank bucket and hang using the handle.

It is inexpensive ($6 scoop at your local ranch store), light, works with any style of bucket and does not have parts to break, freeze or get mucked up with sand. Stack the buckets, drop the scoop and soap into the buckets and place in a medium-sized roll-top dry bag for a contained unit and last-minute loading on the boat.

It is old school for sure but it works great.

Attachments

·
Registered
558 Posts
Visit your local market and go to the deli or bakery section and ask them for empty containers. Mayo, dressings and frosting etc. all come in typically smaller nesting containers with good lids. I have several shapes and sizes from different stores.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Here is my 4 gallon hand wash made from mayo buckets. 10" x 10" x 16" when packed and 32" high when set up at the spray nozzle.

Attachments

·
Registered
565 Posts
Here is a picture of my gravity-powered hand wash system. It consists of 2 buckets and a feed scoop with a few holes drilled in it. I cut off the lip of the feed scoop to fit better into the upper tank bucket. Just dip the scoop into the upper tank bucket and hang using the handle.

It is inexpensive ($6 scoop at your local ranch store), light, works with any style of bucket and does not have parts to break, freeze or get mucked up with sand. Stack the buckets, drop the scoop and soap into the buckets and place in a medium-sized roll-top dry bag for a contained unit and last-minute loading on the boat.

It is old school for sure but it works great.
Where do you stow the log on your boat?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Has anybody tried adapting a spray bucket (the kind you use with weed killer)? Where you would just prime it once and then use an on-off valve of some sort? Seems like it would work and be less expensive.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Has anybody tried adapting a spray bucket (the kind you use with weed killer)? Where you would just prime it once and then use an on-off valve of some sort? Seems like it would work and be less expensive.
I've used a liquid laundry detergent dispenser (tip it on its side, press a button).

Not as good as a foot pump since you still have to push the button with a clean hand that you pushed with a dirty hand...but far better than nothing. Use the back of your hand for dispensing.

Works GREAT with hot water to clean grimy kids' camping hands...and use a squirt of hand sanitizer before eating.

·
Registered
394 Posts
That's a good idea, sounds handy for rinsing sand off a boat too.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts