Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard some unseemingly rumors that Lefthand might have actually become a kayaking run after the floods. Is anyone in that area able to get a visual to know if the rains are bringing it in?

·
Super Moderator
2,836 Posts
It also got a gauge or two on the DWR page.

122 ought to be about the right range to run it. It is one I have never bothered to look at too closely.

Station Name: LEFT HAND CREEK NEAR BOULDER, CO. (LEFCRECO)
Data Source: Co. Division of Water Resources
Rating Table: STD12FTPF
[ View Table | Points ]
Most Recent Value: 122 cfs 7/30/2014 10:15
Current Shift: -0.04 Gage Height: 1.86 ft

Provisional Data Subject to Revision

Points Zoom In View Logarithmic 3 day | 10 day | 1 month | Water Year Export
Graph Data
DISCHRG
GAGE_HT
Data Analysis
Tabular Data
Tabular Data
Discharge Measurements
Station Description
Back to Results
My Stations

·
Super Moderator
2,836 Posts
And while the Golden gauge is slowly dropping, the Boulder Creek gauge is steadily climbing with no let up to the rain in sight. 243 just a moment ago.

Anyone else got some free time to go run either of these soon?

I probably wouldn't subject Riley to Left hand just yet, but Boulder Canyon is in his comfort zone.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Have not been up there since the flood ,but did see that one drop that is a short ways below the normal takeout was exposed that looks potentially good..It is below where a culvert blew out .I think they replaced it with a bridge apx 1/4 mile below takeout park.There is access below there.The short stretch between the book takeout and the culvert had a big tree across it in tight fast flat with sketchy eddy options before the flood...might be gone or worse....come on Dave the best parts of Lefthand were sort of like a bonier Elephant Buttress with wood issues:razz:....is /was an interesting looking drop on James creek about a mile above confluence,low bridges short ways down though.....
Jason you out there?been up there ? Ran it ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts