Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, long time reader first time poster. I’m wondering best practice on leaving a frame on a boat. I’m storing my raft on a trailer, is it ok to leave the frame strapped on, under tension the whole season? Or should I loosen the frame straps when it’s just sitting in my garage? Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
No need to loosen straps, just make sure you bleed some pressure out of each chamber when you pull the boat out of the water. I usually leave mine at 75%-80% of full for the season, then less so during the winter.

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
No need to loosen straps, just make sure you bleed some pressure out of each chamber when you pull the boat out of the water. I usually leave mine at 75%-80% of full for the season, then less so during the winter.
Yep, leave the straps as they are, bleed the boat off and you're set to go. I always 303 the exposed fabric before storing as well, not sure of the benefit to a PVC boat, but hypalon sure does appreciate it.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Yep, leave the straps as they are, bleed the boat off and you're set to go. I always 303 the exposed fabric before storing as well, not sure of the benefit to a PVC boat, but hypalon sure does appreciate it.
PVC likes it too... slippery on application but once the slippery is gone, the fabric feels better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts