Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The family and I will be in Leavenworth for the back half of July. It's our first time there. If the boating sounds promising, I will bring my 14' SOTAR and rowing frame.

Looking for class III/easy class IV runs in the area, and would love to hear from any local boaters in the area.

The Wenatchee sounds fun and splashy, but I did see a warning that a put-in was closed. Then something about a "Discover Pass" being required as per beta on American Whitewater. Are the commercial companies running trips?

I thought of going over to the Skykomish, as well, if there were someone to boat with. Looks like fun class V, but I'd want to follow someone.

Also open to ideas on drifting/flyfishing runs nearby.

I'm reading through the books and websites. But I'd value any other information locals might provide and even to connect and boat with folks... at social distance.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was up thru Leavenworth today. The peak of the flows is past and the water will only drop from here on out. There will still be enough flows for rafting but a little shallow in places. Nothing much over class 2 now. Rafting companies had a late start due to covid restrictions in Chelan County and they are limiting passengers to family member trips. There are a three of WDFW "launches" - 1 - across the river from Leavenworth off the East Leavenworth Road about 1/2 mile up from HWY 2. The other in Peshastin and another at Dryden Dam. These sites require a Discover Pass for $10 for 1 day or $30 annual.

There is no fishing allowed in the Wenatchee River (ESA species). Possibly up on the Methow river up HWY 97 about 60 miles from Wenatchee.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for great information! You’ve obviously got great local knowledge!

Any thoughts on other runs within a few hours of Leavenworth? Or floating/fishing?

·
Registered
173 Posts
The Methow River might be a possibility for fly flicking for cutthroat. Call me, I will send you a private message with my ph number.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Drive west on Highway 2 to the Skykomish run the day section, as long as its not high water it is very manageable. the Put in is near Index.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts