Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a beginning kayaker and have been studying videos of cartwheels for some time, but i have had only one chance to practice in flatwater so far. i still cant initiate my bow completely but i'm working on it (there are not many places to practice around here). While i was watching some videos i saw that kayakers tend to have to "double-pump" less when in a hole and i was wondering is it easier to cartwheel in holes or in flatwater? If i learn to cartwheel in flatwater will it screw me up when i actually get in a hole- when it counts? Thanks.

·
Registered
216 Posts
practicing flat water will make it much easier when you do get to a hole. It takes a lot of commitment with your torso. I think about committing my eyes and belly button (torso) towards the water as I pump down. Placing my paddle down flat against the water. You'll fall over on your head a ton learning and thats okay, your roll will get bomber too. When you get in a hole the current will make it challenging to set up but it will do the work for you once you figure it out.

I hope this is of some help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts