Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any else have any problems with their pyranhas leaking? I ahve a pyranha i 3 in good condition, but it leaks. I have looked all over the place and cant find where the water is coming in. Anyone have any help it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Tightened up/sealed all your screws? One technique is to fill the boat with water and look for water coming out. Otherwise it might just be coming in through your skirt.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
I always found that if your pyranha has the thigh brace screws in the skirt lip, water leaks around them.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I always found that if your pyranha has the thigh brace screws in the skirt lip, water leaks around them.
Yeah, that snapdragon liplock skirt takes care of that thighbrace screw problem. When I had a 420 I took an old mountain bike tube, cut it a little shorter, glued it back together, then put it around the rim of my cockpit and put the skirt on like usual. That worked pretty well too. I don't get why they still put those screws there though...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Tighten up the screws and make sure your skirt is tight. I didn't tighten up the screws in my Rev and then did 4 days on the New from Sandstone down and had to empty about every 2 rapids. Once I tightened them down it was all good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, i have the i 3 which does have the screws around the lip of the skirt as well as other screws. I went around and tightened them up, we'll see if that is where it is coming from. My skirt is tight, so i know it isnt that, hopefully the screws fixes the leak.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts