Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
The new staircase/railslide at the Gore put-in still awaits it's FIRST D! Who wants it? And I don't mean sliding down the stairs, I mean railsliding sideways with stern and bow each on a rail and if if one should come off before the last center support...................OUCH! And before anyone gets all misty-eyed over the passing of the old slide, all I can say is that the new slide is even better. Viva El Gore!

·
addict
739 Posts
the stairs at Cunard, the put-in for the lower New River in WV, will always be the best. slide about 50 or 60 stairs between two metal rails, hit the pavers at the bottom for about 100 ft, and then enter the river.

·
Registered
60 Posts
First "D"!!

I believe that my raft got the first D on the Gore's railslide. Saturday morning at about 9:15 AM we were asked by the construction workers if we wanted to use it - and we sure did!

-Bucky

·
Beginner
2,468 Posts
the stairs at Cunard, the put-in for the lower New River in WV, will always be the best. slide about 50 or 60 stairs between two metal rails, hit the pavers at the bottom for about 100 ft, and then enter the river.
No way. I almost killed myself just butt sliding those. I always thought that it could be done if high water ever put water up onto the pavers...

Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
URBAN STAIR KAYAKING IS NOT RECOMMENDED. ESPECIALLY OVER A 5 STAIR OUCH, PREVIOUS EXPERIENCES AND TRAIN BRIDGES ARE PAINFUL.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen someone do to themselves. Props on rolling up though.

This guy is Gumby. Why isn't he dropping a 100 footer per day? Obviously his spine can take it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts