Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
latest on Daniel from boatertalk

'There will be a service in Asheville tomorrow night (Thursday), and then the funeral will be held in Tampa, FL, Daniel's hometown over the weekend. This is all the information that i have right now. Keep checking here and the IR and LVM site for updates.
In regard to a memorial fund, please continue your efforts to raise money locally and as soon as we can think clearly again, we will have a fund set up through IR/LVM for Daniel that you can donate this money to. '

very sad, my prayers go to him and his friends and family .

·
Charc in = charc out
475 Posts
That info is incorrect.

The Asheville memorial will be on FRIDAY p.m. .. not thurs. This might help some west coasters who otherwise might not have been able to make it out on a day's notice.

Again, memorial for Daniel = Friday pm @ brewhouse in Asheville.

Sad days.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Service date change for Daniel (Friday night)

I just spoke with friends from Asheville and the service has been changed to Friday night at the Asheville Pizza Company at 8pm. They wanted to allow more time for people to get in to NC.

Please send out your prayers and thoughts to all his family and friends.

Mike Pagel

·
Registered
911 Posts
an absolutely fantastic guy with the a soul built for the adventures and lifestyle that we all aspire for as kayakers...

A major loss... what a sad day.

I am sure it will come out soon enough, but I would love to know the true story here.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Daniel is the co-founder of LVM and had planned to be with us In Colorado Springs in May for an LVM premiere. I had the pleasure of getting to know Daniel over the past year and I liked him very much. He will be greatly missed by many. Below is the information Ben VanCamp posted on the AW site about Daniel's untimely death. This is a very sad day for many who were touched by Daniel.

Mike

Mourning Daniel DeLaVergne
posted March 8, 2006by Ben Van Camp
American Whitewater mourns the loss of longtime river advocate and American Whitewater supporter Daniel DeLaVergne. Daniel is most well known for his joint role in founding Lunch Video Magazine and had become an international leader in whitewater cinematography. Daniel’s enthusiasm, can do attitude and devotion will be missed by all of us at American Whitewater. Daniel was a proud member, supporter, and friend.

Daniel’s young life was tragically brought to a premature end this morning after being struck by a train yesterday afternoon. Daniel DeLaVergne was a true friend of American Whitewater promoting AW membership and river stewardship efforts in all of his various projects. Daniel’s friends and family are in our hearts and prayers. Farewell good friend!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Daniel was a strong hold for the paddling community. He helped drive the sport and get out there and live it. RIP

Gary

·
Registered
211 Posts
There's a link to a nice slide tribute to Daniel on boof.com in the forum under the username Damian.Being computer deficient,I can't figure out how to attach the link.

A life well lived, and in life well loved

·
Registered
120 Posts
They've got a hell of a team up there now, Beavers, Matt Sheridan, the Chunderboy, Zirchleback and now Delavern. I'm sure those guys will be glad to have their boy up there with them though. Beavers and the Chunderboy probably have a slingshot in his hand already if those two haven't been kicked out yet. At least we still have Hillke down here. Someone keep an eye on that guy, we're losing all are heavy hitters down here. If any of his boys make it out to cali to leave a little bit of him in one of his favorite places let me know. I'd be honored to be on that trip.

Jared Johnson

·
Registered
48 Posts
So for all of you who didnt get it, this was sent out on the mailing list. It is pretty much of what you`ve already posted....Since I am in a different time zone I didnt hear about it until this morning. Sincerely, what a loss! I can only hope that Daniel`s incredible contributions to our sport will be remembered and built on in the years to come.

Maya

>>>
Dear Friends

As some of you may know, Daniel DeLaVergne, co-founder and president of Penstock Productions, producers of LVM and Kayak Journal, was in a horrific accident on Tuesday afternoon. He was apparently on his way to check out a site to shoot some video when he was struck by a train. He sustained massive head and internal trauma. Efforts were made to save his life by a crew of valiant paramedics and as many as half a dozen surgeons. However, the brain injuries proved to be to severe, and he will be taken off of life support this evening.
There will be a service in Asheville tomorrow night (Thursday), and then the funeral will be held in Tampa, FL, Daniel's hometown over the weekend. This is all the information that i have right now. Keep checking here and the IR and LVM site for updates.
As you know, Daniel was as close as a friend you could have and business partner as IR shared an interest in LVM, and as such, we will do everything we can to organize the efforts. There are a lot of things that need to be worked out as far as emotions go, and after we have taken care of that, we will let you know more about the timelines for anything related to a memorial fund and LVM/Kayak Journal.
In regard to a memorial fund, please continue your efforts to raise money locally and as soon as we can think clearly again, we will have a fund set up through IR/LVM for Daniel that you can donate this money to.
In the meantime, go out and paddle, do something you've always wanted to do. Daniel was doing it, and doing it well. His vision and creativity was inspiring, and his legacy and spirit will continue on.

Sincerely,
Friends and Admirers of Daniel
email: [email protected]
phone: 814 443 9180

·
Registered
805 Posts
"Alright, we are now 3 and 1/2 miles into the Upper Upper Clavey and it's a piece of sh!t! We've got to f%cking hike out because it's too manky and it's too high and even if it was low it would still be manky as sh!t! There's about 39 6 foot drops down there and they all land in a f%cking sieve. So here we f%cking go. The best part about kayaking right here."
-Amongst It-

That man knew what kayaking was all about. Rest In Peace. My thoughts and prayers to all of Daniels family and friends. Keep hiking in to to find the goods. That's what he would have wanted.

Evan

·
Registered
93 Posts
Roger Lougnhney of IR sent out this message today. The Green River Access fund is administered by Liquid Logic. Having Daniel's name associated with maintaining access to a run that meant so much to him seems a fitting way to honor his memory.

Mike

Dear Friends
I am sorry the time and date went out wrong, but with folks flying in from NZ,California, Chile, Argentina and Costa Rica there was not enough time to get those loved ones here before then. The memorial will be held on Friday at 8 PM at Asheville Pizza and Brewing Company, on the game room side.
His family has asked that donations be made to the
Green River Access Fund
765 Crest Rd
Flat Rock, NC 28773
That would have been his wish.
As soon as I have information on the funeral date, time and location, I will pass it along.
If you have any questions, let me know.

Sincerely,

Roger Loughney

1 - 19 of 19 Posts