Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at doing a September trip through the Middle Fork and Main Salmon river. Does anyone know if it's still possible to put in at the Boundary Creek put-in at that point, or will it be too low? I've heard that put-in in September is similar to boating the Arkansas, but want to get some more input.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Highly doable, just pack light. My cousins usually launch the second week in September each year for a blast (chuckar) and cast (fishing) trip. They take 2 people per raft max and stay light on the gear/food. The first couple days can be slow going so don't plan too many miles per day. If you pack heavy you'll get hung up a lot those first 2-3+ days. They took 7 days to run it this year and couldn't stop talking about how great the trip was. I joined them one year in late September and concur, it's a great trip. You can reserve your first come/first serve permit (non lottery) today through the new reservation system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.