Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys done for the year? If not, what else do you have planned? I got in piss-poor few days this year, but want to get a little more in before I do my annual wash of my river clothes :confused:

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Ah, the joy of the last run of the season. I've done about 4 "last gore run of the season" trips. Hoping to do at least one more. Boating season is over when the rivers ice over and the powder is deep enough to ride. Boating season is not over yet!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
scraped down Foxton and Waterton last week probably at least hit Waterton again ,pre -Broncos ritual if it is 65+%.Bailey if it gets over 200 and is upper 60's,never done Gore not fond of cold weather swims.Big T has some water.

Probably will be less people traveling this winter due to the economy,but if you can there will be good deals on flights and hotels.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm going on a Westwater trip on November 8, 2008. Lots of water there!! Check out Coyakers on eddyflower to sign up! There's already a thread started.

Cheers!

-Nick

·
Registered
165 Posts
goin' to the grand nov 20 still hitting gore and having a blast. my grand ship came in and now I am making the moves to make it happen

·
God Amongst Men
1,994 Posts
IT NEVER ENDS
i agree completely! sometimes access to the river is impossible due to four feet of ice over the whole river......but never is it truly time to put it away for any duration of time. you never know when you might just randomly blunder into ecuador or something......

i would like to keep boating as long as possible but the problem i am finding is a lack of partners in my local area.......i guess everyone else in the county is too good to go boating with me so i have to go elsewhere, and that costs lots of time and gas, of which are in short supply right now....but im not done.

ill hit shoshone or the junction town run or whatever is close if anyone is down.....let me know!

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have a Westwater permit Fri. Oct. 10th - 11th. We will be camping at the put-in Thurs. night (tomorrow) and running shuttle in the morning. We have room for 1 more, and all food is already purchased for 1 more, so if you can make it, let me know by tomorrow. We will be paddling shoshone one the way out Thurs, so you could possibly even carpool with one of us from there. Call me - no e-mail after 8 am tomorrow. Must be someone who knows how to do an overnight trip - I don't have time to explain what you need to bring for yourself.

jennifer
303-912-9667

·
God Amongst Men
1,994 Posts
yeah westwater would be a fun trip but im over camping, i hate camping in the cold

·
Registered
698 Posts
....over?......

.....i'm not even gonna say it.....but i'll think it......anyhow, MONTROSE delivers well into november....never got a december run.....will try this season...usually closed due to rock fall by then....not the canyon itself but the put-in road gets closed....not too cold becuase there's always a portage to warm you up!!!!!anybody up for a friday half day run?...i got a party to get to on the N. RIM friday afternoon-nite.....gary ballsworth, you still in colorado....ballsworth, cote or silva? silva for sure....bad boy.....jrranger420CB

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yeti is a tool

Yeti, just when I think you could not be any bigger of a pussy, you seem to amaze me. It's OCTOBER in the desert!!

You are the biggest tool on Mountainbuzz and that is saying alot. Just start rafting and move to Denver already. I-70 rules!

113 days in '08 in the kayak for me and I am going to ol' mex in November, you suck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts