Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've put some good miles on my Mini-max and frame setup but haven't dialed in the perfect cooler for the thing. I've been looking at the Orca 40 QT cooler but would want a little more space.

The Siberian 65 Qt is just barely too long (27.5") . I think 27" is my limiting length between where the thwarts would be at the max.

Any suggestions?

Mini-max is the best BTW.

E

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Wedge it in. I'm running a canyon cooler 37" in my 36' rmr. I just push it in while inflated to 1 to 1-1/2# then finish inflating. Works great and stabilizes the frame a bit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you ever noticed any rubbing or wear on your rubber from wedging it in? I've seen a Maravia leave some green on a big cooler after a week-long float with it wedged in. THis is hypalon, might be better.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Not yet

RMR, Hyside, NRS, Sawyer, K2 coolers, Whitewater Worthy Trailers, Frames and soft goods
522 Posts
I carry the k2 coolers and am very happy with them! I have an Rmr storm for sale that takes a fifty qt perfectly

·
Registered
94 Posts
Does anyone have recommendations for a cooler on a puma or superpuma? Does anyone know if Rtic 65 will wedge in there?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just went through this same thing with my new mini-max and frame. I ended up with the RTIC 45. A little bigger inside than the yeti and a lot cheaper! I would think the siberian would fit, because the thwart attachment tucks into the cut out under the cooler's handle. Something else to think about, if the cooler will be your passenger seat and you plan on being in whitewater, pay attention to how tall the cooler is too!! Getting the center of gravity too high is no bueno.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Does anyone have recommendations for a cooler on a puma or superpuma? Does anyone know if Rtic 65 will wedge in there?
Totally different widths between the puma and super.

The super puma will take most 65 qt coolers or the yetti 105!! but I wouldnt want anyone or anything on top of the 105 as it is sticking up there quite a bit.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Siberian outback 50. They rock, have a lip for easy frame mounting so no drop bag or bracket is required, have strap slots so they are easy to secure, and they are on clearance right now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you do find that the yeti 45 is your best bet, I have one for sale, and I am in Red Lodge ... not that close to you, but we are heading west on I-90 in a couple weeks. I can sell it to you for 250.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have an old 10.5 NRS otter that has 31" center compartment width and I run this Igloo 72 Quart Super Tough STX cooler and it fits great! They also make this in a 54 Qt. size also. It has 30-40% more cooler insulation than the Marine, wire lid and drain plug attachments, and stainless steel hinges and bomber handles. Check it out! Got one one sale including shipping for under $100. Not a roto molded cooler but the next best thing at 1/4 the price.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Igloo-72-Quart-Super-Tough-STX-Cooler/39462107

1 - 14 of 14 Posts