Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:p Hi Folks,

The LaPorte play park proposal (Lions Park) now has a website with information and networking facilities - LaPorte Whitewater Park | Poudre Rock Report Please visit as soon as possible!!

We need to impress the Larimer County Open Lands Advisory Board that this is a high priority in the community. This means we need letters of support (which can be submitted at our website) and attendees at their next meeting (July 22nd), where we will be presenting the proposal.

The Lions Park site is particularly good because there are fewer diversions than downtown and already has all the non-river facilities needed. See the wesite.

Let's have another go at getting a play park for northern Colorado, and maybe we will end up with two of them!!

Mandy

·
Registered
515 Posts
Mandy has put a lot of work into this. I know boaters are real good at saying some one ought to do something about ..... you name it. Well she has!!! So how about each of the 50 folks who have looked at this get off their ass go to the web site and send in a letter of support.

·
Registered
251 Posts
done.

Done. Let's get on it people--seems like sometimes we talk big as a community, but then lose focus when it is most important!

·
Registered
251 Posts
vid

Here is a video the Spokane River group made to promote their park. I grew up in that area, so glad to see they are pushing as well:

Welcome to Facebook

something like this could be good for our projects (Lions Park and FoCO) as well to help inform those who don't really know what they are about.

·
Registered
320 Posts
when the time is right, I can provide a backhoe, a bobcat, dump truck and operator for no cost. insured and experienced. Mike

·
Banned
217 Posts
I'm a journeyman lineman with more hours than I care to remember operating equipment that is willing to donate time helping out with the construction process. Quite possibly could get some lights donated if there are powerlines nearby to run them. Can you say night time play boating, I hope so.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I think that all the offers to donate time and skills are great. But right now letters are what's needed. If yo're stumped as what to write I'd be happy to send mine along and your are welcome to plagerize to your hearts content.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I live in Loveland and will be able to attend the meeting on 7/22, should I just show up as a warm body?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi All,
I am positively stunned by the offers of support received so far - ideas, expertise, money, labor, equipment use, design, artwork, testing, etc. It gives me goosebumps to read the letters. Thank you all so much, 37 so far. Please keep them coming in!

I also need to remind people that the land does belong to the Division of Wildlife, so any project would have to be designed in such a way to support their mission: “The mission of the CDOW is to perpetuate the wildlife resources of the state and provide people the opportunity to enjoy them.”

Basically the idea would be, if we "buy" their fish habitat and fishing enhancement (much of which we would want anyway), it might make it worth their while to allow us to create our wave(s) - but, creating a design that supports fish will be essential.
I'm convinced we can do this. Prove me right!! Keep sending in your ideas and letters (preferably via the web form LaPorte Whitewater Park | Poudre Rock Report, it makes record keeping easier).

Mandy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
54 letters so far ... need more, please!

Hi Folks,

We have received 54 great letters so far - thanks to all of you who have contributed, your letters of support, offers, and ideas are great.

But I'm guessing this is a small proportion of the people who would enjoy either a kayaking play wave OR the enhanced fishing, so I'm begging you to get out there and lobby everyone you know - paddler, potential paddler, parent/guardian of paddler, anyone who likes to watch, fisher people, etc. - and encourage them to write a letter.

It's easy - just go to LaPorte Whitewater Park | Poudre Rock Report and fill in the form. I am printing out all the letters to take to the county Open Land Advisory Board meeting on July 22nd.

Come on people - surely we can push this into the 100s of supporters!!!!

Mandy

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hi All Just noticed that this sticky hasn't been posted to recently. If you want a play park in the northern Colorado this one has most of what is required by various regulatory entities. So please post a letter showing your support. When the water is down be sure to mention that this would be a great spot for fish to hang out in the eddies, thus enhancing fisheries
Thank You

1 - 20 of 43 Posts