Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sounds like your helmet did it's job well. Glad you're OK. What kind of helmet were you wearing?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: Does anyone else know....

skywalker said:
Does anyone else know of a helmet that they think is really good. bomber, and not ridiculous looking?
I'm loving my Sweet Strutter, but it hasn't been tested with a major impact yet.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 3 year old Sweet Rooster

I have a 3 year old Sweet Rooster, I have taken a few hits with it over the years and the helmet has worked out great from me. I have never taken a hit like Bryans Helmet. I hope it will take the beating when the time comes. -Luke
If anyone would like to check out the Sweet Helmets Gallery on Local Paddler here it is:
http://localpaddler.com/gallery.php?&page=1&keywords=sweet

If anyone would like to check out the Sweet Helmets Gallery on Local Paddler here it is:
http://localpaddler.com/gallery.php?&page=1&keywords=sweet

·
River Gypsy
255 Posts
i've taken some huge hits....

most notably a 12-15 ft drop right onto rocks on my noggin at the middle drop of stairway to heaven on the bear in GA, and had no injury and no damage to the helmet. i use a grateful heads with extreme layup. it just distributed the force - didn't even break the helmet (although i did get a new one out of prudence).

Leland

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I was there the other day when this crash happened and I can honestly say that I have never seen a helmet take a harder hit and in a very consequential place - the paralyzer. It is amazing that B came out conscious – and with a broken paddle and kiss me coming it was imperative that he catch the Eddie between the two. It would have been very bad if the helmet had not taken the hit as well as it did.

I have paddled with the same hat for about 7 years now and after seeing how that Head Trip helmet handled a very very hard hit I got right on the phone with Big Worm and ordered a new one. Can’t say enough about how well that helmet took the hit. Also we are very happy to see that the cat scan came up negative and that Brian is already tearing it up again. :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
I took a hard hit in my Sweet and had a terrible headache for 2 days. The helmet protected my head and kept form but took no impact.
I have switched to Head Trip...

·
Registered
861 Posts
I was there that night and would fully agree that HEAD TRIP helmets are the bomb!!!! I have never seen something as dramatic as this blow Kirk took. I nearly crapped my pants because I thought for sure he was going to be unconscious. The other reason I nearly dropped a load was because I thought I was going to have to run Kiss Me blind while chasing Kirk downstream. You see my boat was the safety boat sitting in the Kiss Me eddy. We have the run on video...unfortunately the person who took the video missed the actual blow but got Kirk rolling up with half a paddle. I will see if we can get a picture of the helmet posted sometime soon.

I am so stoked I decided to buy a Head Trip helmet...it was truely put to the test that night. If you are looking for a new helmet definitely check Head Trip out.

Later
Mark Olson

·
Registered
70 Posts
What is the price on a head trip helmet? I'm interested in the daffy model. Also is that A chicken sitting on skywalker's head :?:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts