Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience rowing Ladore at under a 1000 cvs? I'm in a 16' hyside with a lot of beer. Thanks for any input

·
Registered
280 Posts
yeah, it was more like Hell's Half Hour than Hell's Half Mile.;)

no really, it's low and slow but way fun and doable.

you may want to think about how much weight you really need to carry.
hint: less is better.

bob

·
Old Guy in a PFD
1,106 Posts
yeah, it was more like Hell's Half Hour than Hell's Half Mile.;)

no really, it's low and slow but way fun and doable.

you may want to think about how much weight you really need to carry.
hint: less is better.

bob
Consider unloading the bags. Beer is essential and you can never carry enough.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We did it last year in sept. at min flow. One of the biggest bitches honestly was the put-in, (to be fair it was compounded by the rain), the rest of the time was a blast. Hang ups on rocks will be your only concern simply because you will likely have a heavy boat and will be less maneuverable. Some spots it really helped to have two on the front with paddles to help bust a move. I'd do it again....

·
Super Moderator
3,860 Posts
The entrance to Triplett will probably be more of a challenge than the rapid itself. And having run it a bunch at similar levels I can say that 836 cfs is better than 812 cfs but not nearly as good as 852 cfs.

Have fun!

-AH

·
Registered
106 Posts
We did it this April at around 850 cfs and it was good to go for almost everything. I had a SHITLOAD of beer in a 16 foot Aire. The only time I got hung up was in lower disaster - there were rocks everywhere and not really a line to pick. It wasn't really a big deal though, came off in about a minute and kept on. Hell's was the most fun, though Triplet (while super easy and slow) was also pretty fun just to maneuver around.

Should be awesome right now since it will be a bit warmer than in April. Have fun!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Oh yea - agreed about the put in. We ended up backing our truck and trailer up past the boat ramp all the way to river's edge on a sandbar (luckily it was strong enough we didn't sink). If you can't back down to the river expect a shitty gear haul.

·
Registered
21 Posts
We did ladore in early April, at the same water level. The long carry from the ramp to the rivers edge/sand bar is still a problem. But we just carried all the stuff, as I did not trust my truck, and trailer on the sand bar. As far as the run itself goes. Lots of rock gardens to pick your way through. Scout the lines on disaster, hells, and triplet. Once past the confluence, you should have enough water to push along at a good pace. Have fun, and enjoy it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
back to the river and make sure you have a long tow strap and another truck. did it last fall lighter trucks like 1500 s will most likely not get stuck but all the heavier diesels got stuck with a truck on the ramp easy to pull stuck trucks out. much better than slogging all that gear all the way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts