Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what Labyrinth is like in January or what float times are like. Thanks.

·
no tengo
1,876 Posts
I am thinking about doing this over christmas break but if the road to mineral bottom is wet or icy it looks super sketch. I suppose one could leave a truck parked on the rim and when you get to the takeout walk up and get your rig if it looks good. if not start carrying your shit. anyone have experience with this?

alternatively can you still get a jetboat shuttle back to moab from spanish bottom around new years?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I am thinking about doing this over christmas break but if the road to mineral bottom is wet or icy it looks super sketch. I suppose one could leave a truck parked on the rim and when you get to the takeout walk up and get your rig if it looks good. if not start carrying your shit. anyone have experience with this?

alternatively can you still get a jetboat shuttle back to moab from spanish bottom around new years?[/QUO

Chains and 4 wheel drive can solve this problem. I have been on some bad, muddy, icy, snowy roads elk hunting with chains in 4 low and no snow tires and have not had many problems.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I think they are done with the jet boats after mid-late Oct. Just not enough folks down there. A whole boat load is like 12 people and boats. The shuttle takes a few hours and they are not gonna come down just for you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts