Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I along with some friends are hoping to float Labyrinth Canyon 9/19-9/23. We've never done this section before but have heard that there can still be really bad mosquitos in September. Wondering if anyone has gotten off recently and can give a bug report? Any advice on running it this time of year?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have run it the last 3 years in early Sept. and had no problems with bugs. This year could be different with longer run off. You migh compare hydrographs with other years. I bet youd be fine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
it's just wonderful and very scenic flat water. great canoe trip. big sandy beaches, shouldn't be many bugs this time of year.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Any advice on running it this time of year?

If you fall out of the boat, stand up and walk back to it LOL

Scenic float, plenty of camps, never really had an issue with bugs until Mineral Bottom, and there the skeeters can be as bad as Sand Wash early season, but this time of year not so much.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! Sounds lovely, we are excited! We float Ruby and Horsethief all the time but have never done this stretch and are looking forward to a change of scenery.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've canoed Laby about 5 times now, and mid-late Sept was hands down my favorite time to do that stretch. Water is as warm as it gets, temps are great. No problems with bugs in the past, but this year was wet.. It blows RH out of the water.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts