Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks from Dolores are gonna float this weekend....no question about that....but Im wondering which might be best...

Group of 6....w/ 2 rafts and 2 duckies....+ 1 fantastic golden retriever...
Intermediate Floaters

Leaving Dolores early Friday
Taking Out Sunday

Original Plan was to drive the 6.5 hours or so to Flaming Gorge and run A, B, & C....putting in on Saturday....this makes me nervous though about having a slow third day (Monday) through C, taking out late in the day, and still having to drive back....

So, modified plan was to camp Saturday night at Little Hole, and taking out Sunday afternoon somewhere between Indian Crossing and Bridge Port (or Pipeline)....But IMO, this makes for very short days....

And now I'm contemplating changing plans altogether for a shorter drive to Pumphouse and running the Upper C....

Any thoughts on these two trips? We haven't run either of these, so they'd both be new to us.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I vote for Flaming Gorge. I could give many reasons but in general, drive hard and make it happen! If you want details of either one, pm me.

·
Registered
326 Posts
the upper Colorado willl be super loaded with rafters, tubers , floaters and anything else you can think of. That being said, the location does give you some other close by options. The lower blue just outside Kremmling, below the dam is running well and a very beautiful 10 mile run in a cool little canyon; or you can hit up the shoshone section of colorado after you get done with pumphouse. If you're driving that far I'd paddle alot more than one section of river.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to thank everyone for their online comments and the time Fuzzie spent with me over the phone....it's helped tremendously.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Epic weekend.

Crowds on the A section (which we ran twice) but very mellow through B.

Didn't run C....can't wait next time.

Thanks again everyone.

ImageUploadedByMountain Buzz1409598545.013179.jpg

ImageUploadedByMountain Buzz1409598708.202987.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts