Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking at the kingpins and am wondering what size is the best for me. The company says the 6.1's limit is 140 pounds and Im about 145-150. But, I tried the 6.1 down at golden at the demo day and it felt pretty good. havnt had the opportunity to try the 6.2 but is the 140 a strict limit or should I go by feel. also how much would it affect the super cool airability. :wink: any info would be cool thanks.
Jon

·
Registered
851 Posts
The sizing is a general guideline. Your best bet is to do as you mentioned. Try them both and see what feels the best for you. As for loops the 6'2 will boost bigger with the few extra gallons.
Hope this helps.

Hobie
Dagger Kayaks
[email protected]

·
clark
41 Posts
This is true, but you should also consider -depply i'd say- that Hobie is a total wuss and as such probably can''t steer you straight.
No, seriously though, wieght probably has less to do with it than factors like hight and strength. The biggest issue I have with paddling a larger boat is hieght. If you are taller you get more leverage so having a larger boat with higher side walls is less problematic. If you want to air it out and you feel strong go with the bigger size. You can put a bit of foam on the seat to perch yo' sef' up there and you'll be ready to rumble, and your body will get stonger to conpsenate for the lil' bit of extra torque yo may need for thorwing it down. Go big my friend you will be happy.
clark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts