Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new kingpin and I removed the mini-cell tower in the front. It basically just fell out. The plastic pillar seems to be quite sturdy so it seems like it would be safe without the bulkhead. Is this a common procedure? Just don't want a thread out here someday discussing what a bonehead I was and how I got pinned. Cant really imagine that I would run anything that tough in my playboat anyway but was just curious.

gh

·
Registered
851 Posts
Your fine without it. I don't use mine at all. The D Bone is the real strength
up front(that plastic piece). Have fun paddling the KP! Fun boat for sure.

hobie
Dagger kayaks

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hobie, had lost your email and was somewhat trolling for a response from you.

Another question. Does anyone put float bags in the stern of these smaller boats and if you do who makes em small enough?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Some use floats. Im not sure who makes them for that size but bet if you call your local shop they would know.

hobie
Dagger Kayaks

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Floats

We sell two different sizes of stern floats. You want the rodeo sized. If your looking for something much smaller and with some cool functions checkout the Wildwasser stow floats (small size). Very cool.

Don @ Confluence Kayaks
303-433-3676

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you talking about the Small Overnighter Storage Floats from Wildwasser? Those are the only ones that I see out here. Do they fit into a kingpin? Do they work well? How much are they?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts