Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a black and white sticker on the back of my helmet (which I got as part of the first boat package, used, in boulder) that just has the letters SMP. does anyone remember what this is??? I can't find it by a search, except for some european electronica band.

people have yelled it across the river before, and it doesn't register, because I never see it except at the end of the day... maybe I don't want this sticker even!?!?!? crap, I hope it's not "I screw poodles" or some stupid sh!t :shock:

thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
there is a motocross helmet and clothing company called SMP that has a black and white logo.

check out renegaderacing.com for their "what's new" page to see a pair of SMP pants -- with the logo to compare it to yours.

the coolness factor is up to you.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm, very similar, but I thought the triangle pointed upwards. well thanks for the info, I'll have to see if I care or not (obviously not, I've been paddling for four years now!)

·
Charc in = charc out
475 Posts
SMP (Sex Money Power) was a surf/skate apparel brand in the 90's.

they, like most of the smaller brands went down, as the consolidation of board sports brands & invasion of PacSun's drove companies like quik & volcom through the roof ...

·
Registered
139 Posts
SMP, among other things, is a clothing company that caters to the skate/surf crowd. Back in the day, I remember the SMP schwag and rumors floating around regarding what SMP meant.

I like to think it means Smoke More Pot...and they still make clothes.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I think Toepper and Co. made a batch of these stickers about a decade ago in the southeast. I think it stands for 'Smoke More Pacalolo' or something like that.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ah, that sounds better, I'll take a skate co over a motocross anyday! at least now I have an answer when someone asks me what it is!! :p

now that I think of it, I don't know if it's safe for me to smoke any MORE pot on the river... :oops: I can barely tell which way is up at the present level!

thanks!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts