Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for insulation layers and splash gear for my kids (4th and 7th graders). If you have some that your kids have out grown I may be interested in buying it off of you.

Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
307 Posts
I feel ya.
I bought some used hydroskin stuff for my daughter here on the buzz a couple years ago. She got 1-2 uses out of each piece before she out grew them.
They'd be too small for your kiddos but I'm sure that some buzzette needs them.
It'd be nice if there were a kids gear exchange sub-forum here. Mods?
In the meantime, I guess it's this thread.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've considered rain jackets as splash jackets. I'm more concerned about insulation that would stay fairly warm in a swim. I was hoping to pick up some used hydroskin shirts. I can't find any thing smaller than a women's small on the NRS website. Do they even make anything smaller? Is fleece and rain gear the best option?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Rtsideup,

How small are they, do you still have them. My 4th grader is pretty small. A women's small is baggy on him.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I liked using water ski wetsuits for the early years and cold water.
You can get them really cheap and the kids are safe and warm.
They look cool too.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Watch for garage sales and stock up. We were buying wetsuits 2-3 sizes too big and hanging them in the closet.

Sorry, though. Sold/gave them away when the girls stopped growing.

Then I started watching eBay for size medium adult drysuits and my oldest requested an NRS Ninja for Christmas (so I must have done something right as a parent!)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hey Rtsideup,

How small are they, do you still have them. My 4th grader is pretty small. A women's small is baggy on him.
Hey Paul,

I'll let you know, they seem to have gone to the great hole that is her mom's house. I'll let you know when they return.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts