Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody recall seeing a web page with Kern Flow predictions, (not current flows.) A pal is searching for a page with predictions, especially with info about whether PGE is diverting water out of the Upper at Fairview.
THANKS!

·
White R. BC
321 Posts
Good ?, Kimy. The only time I was there, everything but the Limestone run was diverted. Post back here if you find out! Some CO boaters like to travel.

·
Registered
807 Posts
The Kern is one of my favorite spots in the US (as long as we are on the subject). The lower Kern (below Kernville) has some super fun Class III & IV play runs. The Upper Kern is epic in my opinion. It just keeps getting harder the higher you go in the drainage. The Forks of the Kern has been on my list for years. Then there is Brush Creek and Dry Meadow super fun waterfall runs. Do it!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flow Prediction Beta

OK, got an answer from my friends. And yeah, we would have posted on Boof.com, but the two of us were not registerered. I thought the Buzzards on a Monday mornning might have been online. <g>
Here is the answer straight out of the mouth of the Daddy of the guy who started Boof.com. (Bret and Gary Valle).
PS Water be a bit slim this year in Cali, might be some new folk in Colo.

To find out about the diversion at Fairview, call the PGE flowphone

at 877-537-6356 or 760-376-8821 and note the flow above and below

Fairview. They don't provide info about projected flows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts