Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.theriverchasers.com/Excerpts/FlatHullsShortBoats.pdf

For those of you that started paddling after 2000, and even for those that started after 1995, this is a good read if you are interested in some of the history of boat designs. This article will make some of you feel a little dated, I know it made me feel that way... especially when you remember all of the boat names and owned a few of them. It's educational and shit.

·
Registered
698 Posts
payback time

...kyle, remember when myself and my gal lead you down the vicious upper taylor.... your dad asked if we'd "keep and eye on him"......remember that?...maybe 93,94ish...well seeing how you've grown up and all and run the "fecal matter"(that's shit for you nonscience folk)...it's payback time....really interested in the durango creeks.... i am feeling like a chachi(tool) when i say i've never run them.....sometime this season?....i won't slow you down...that'd be cool...shit is locked up i know but when it gets going, before or after rickter flows start....thanks HOTSHOT!.......ole guy milo

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah Milo, I definetly remember that. I think I was in a Vertigo, because I remember a really cool splat rock, which was pretty much one of the coolest moves you could do at that time. That was a really good day.

I'll definetly guide you around Durango. My family lives down there, so plenty of places to stay. I've done most of the stuff down there, and can guide the classic runs. Vallecito, 1st gorge Lime, South Mineral, and 3rd gorge lime through Rockwood Box are the my favorites, and can be done in a long weekend pretty easily. It's going to be great down there this weekend. What are you doing Saturday? Escalante?

Oh, and you have to return the favor on the Black Canyon. I still haven't made it there...

·
Registered
698 Posts
....cool...i am taking my highschool punks to the north rim of the BLACK after surfing the gunny holes today...camping then heading over to durango for hobies deal...i thought i'd be cool for the punks and i want to learn some shit!!! we'll be there for the weekend...may bring my H3 but we'll see....wouldn't be fair to them though....how about a cool campsite near town? i appreciate it....these punks are top notch ski racers who are just gettin' into kayaking...they are doing really well...proud of them!!! maybe we'll see you over there?!.....you'd love the BLACK, despite all the bad shit you hear.....it is hard work but classic cali style shit....thanks cutch...

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yo. I'm actually going to hit the Embudo on Sat, and then I work on Sunday. I'll be hitting Durango sometime in the next few weeks. Maybe the 26-31, and some other stuff. Glad to hear about the kids. It's cool to see more and more high schoolers getting into the sport. And, most of them will be sick...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts