1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I will be ordering a few.

·
I'm right 50% of the time
899 Posts
Its a great sticker, unfortunately you will be showing landowners your ignoance.
I disagree. Water belong to the public in CO. Land owners be damned. (not literally)

·
Registered
505 Posts
I am currently waiting to see if I will be charged with criminal tresspass, a class B misdemeanor, for paddling a creek in Texas. The law here is that a river or creek is navigable if the streambed has an average width of 30 ft or more. This creek easily fulfills that criterion. It is also the best whitewater creek in the state. Hell, if it was in Colorado or New Mexico it would be considered a top run. Everyone who has been cited has elected to plead no contest rather than risk higher fines and a lengthy court battle. I intend to fight it and win.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Power to ya. Best of luck. I hope you win, especially for the sake of the precedent.

COUNT

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thought I would expand on the sticker I posted.

The United Kingdom (UK), mainland, is split into three countries England, Scotland and Wales.

Scotland enjoys a different law and legal system from England and Wales. Don’t ask why.

In Scotland you can paddle any waterway, river, burn, creek, loch, lake at any time whatever the day. Not so in England and Wales. Why? In Scotland we enjoy a recent piece of legislation called the Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003. It allows a statutory right of responsible access to land and inland waters for outdoor recreation, crossing land and some educational and commercial purposes.

England and Wales are trying to establish something similar.

So, here in Scotland everything is all-cool. We go boating on any rivers as and when. Mind you if there is no rain it is difficult.

Hoped this has explained it a wee bitty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts