Mountain Buzz banner

Kayaking Colleges?

Tags
kayaking
2K views 3 replies 0 participants last post by  Guest 
G
#1 ·
Anyone know if there are any type of college level classes, which kinda go around perhaps the U.S., or even the world while kayaking? Is there anything out there like this?

THanks
Ben GUska :lol:

G
#2 ·
Not sure about a World Class or Huge type of college program... kinda doubtfull. If you want to travel constantly, you could get a good laptop and do internet correspondence courses..... boating everyday and being able to get to class anywhere there's a phone line.

If you want to travel internationally and be in one place for awhile (and if your in college already) just do an exchange semester to a cool place.... You can do this in the states too. Ie: if your in school in CO and want to paddle all winter, you can go on exchange to Asheville, Morgantown, Eugene, Arcata etc etc........wherever.

I went on exchange for a semester to a paddling college (Humboldt Univ.) and it made me the rodeo winning movie star I am today (joking).
Hope this helps some.........

Oh, shit, wait.... Just thought of one.....still not exactly what you were looking for, but I know theres some classes at Prescott University in AZ that kayak....like kayaking IS the class (you would be better than the teachers...at playin anyway)... but i saw 'em in New Zealand a few years ago. They were getting college credit to kayak in NZ for like 6 weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.