Mountain Buzz banner

Kayaking/Bjork

Tags
kayaking
1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  alacy1 
#1 ·
Just seeing if there are any Bjork fans/class IV+ V paddlers that want to trek up from CO to WA/OR and end up in the Gorge on the Columbia for the Sasquatch festival to catch Bjork and a beautiful music fest. Other acts include Beastie Boys and Interpol. Dates are weekend of May 26th. Let me know. Just tryin' to plan my ridiculously hard to schedule life. Peace.

-Andrew

#2 ·

Bjork, Beasties, Arcade Fire, Interpol, Neko Case, Spoon, The Hold Steady .. & they'll keep stacking this bill through April. I'd definitely expect to see a ton more PDX & SEA bands added. They had to lock in their headliners early.

End of May, everything's running on both sides of the Cascades .. though George is a bit of a haul from the mts. If I were in CO, I'd be clamoring to get on this trip .. but I'd guess being that you are in CO, you'd have a better response if it were widespread Panic or String Cheese Incident or something like that.

Good luck & if you make it up here drop a line.

#4 ·
Nooice. Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I could care less about the widespread cheese incident, like TG said, the bill's stacked! Trail of the dead..., Sufjan Stevens, Beck, Gomez, Flaming Lips, interpol...Bjork-Beasties!! Oo-wee. TG, you might be hearin from me.

Bad. Ass.

#5 ·
My be up in OR in Mar. Be doing more IV (+). When will you be up there? Be up in Pdx for part of the trip. Where is this...uh...music...uh fest? I'm more into Stevie Ray, Jimmy, Miles, Woolfy, Ludwig Van, etc. for my tunes but plan to boat a lot.

[Note to Sedna, the Inuit goddess of the waves, and other river gods: I respectfully wish to wait for a concert from the above mentioned faves for as long as possible]

Bsoe, don't cry, it messes with the sinuses. You need all your senses. Be hard (and soft and there), man. You are a inspiration to all of us. Love you and all your mates! Shit, your gettin' me all choked up!

All the best, Leroy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.