Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for other kayakers who like to do Class I and II whitewater. No eskimo rolls, please! I am in the Meeker, CO area and do day trips on the lower Gunnison from Pleasure Park on down; lower Colorado from Newcastle on down; Yampa and the White.
I am retired and can go just about anytime you can! Spring is just around the corner and it is time to hook up for some fun this year!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I am looking for other kayakers who like to do Class I and II whitewater. No eskimo rolls, please! I am in the Meeker, CO area and do day trips on the lower Gunnison from Pleasure Park on down; lower Colorado from Newcastle on down; Yampa and the White.
I am retired and can go just about anytime you can! Spring is just around the corner and it is time to hook up for some fun this year!

What does "No eskimo rolls, please!" mean?

Just curious...

--Z

·
Paddling in to the Future
574 Posts
What does "No eskimo rolls, please!" mean?

Just curious...

--Z
I was thinking the same thing, what does it matter if somebody that paddles with you rolls or not? doesn't mean you have to float the river upside down. Some people like to just practice rolls on calm rivers.

·
Registered
326 Posts
yep, jennifer got it right away. I've actually chatted with this fellow a couple of years ago when he wanted to do some other classII runs, he basically wants to run mellow stretches. We have a fairly good group of 6 paddlers in Montrose, which is real content with running only class III, because most of us are over 50 and half of the group runs IK's. As you get older the need for adrenaline rushes is less and just the pure enjoyment of scenic, safe river runs becomes more important.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts