Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Headed out to Missoula this weekend and would like to check out the rivers in the area. Looking to demo some kayaks and hit a day run near by. Anyone know of a cool shop in Missoula and any suggestions on rivers (III and IV-) would be great too. Thanks! -trev

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Edge of the world...cool shop, they'll demo you what you need. You can walk from EOW to Brennan's wave, the local surf spot. It's ok, better than Golden fur shur. Alberton Gorge is 45 minutes away, big, fun, Class III play. Great boatin' town that Missoula.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks dan

Nice! those guys look crazy... index
my kinda folk. thanks danman

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
There's also the Trailhead, Pipestone, and Canoe Rack.

Check out the Alberton Gorge (it is a must do and gets fun at low water), it is about the only thing left right now, except Buffalo Rapids right outside of Polson. The Blackfoot is in the middle of the TUBE HATCH, but check with the shop, I raft so don't know what all is kayakable right now, so there might be more. If the Blackfoot is runnable, go early to avoid the tubers and general trash parties. Maybe the Lochsa is runnable in a kayak?

·
Registered
676 Posts
i second edge of the world. great guys. i was in there last summer about this time, and they hooked me up with a full boating package since i didn't take any gear with me. i think they carried wave sport and jackson when i was in there last year. my guess is that for a six-pack of good libations, you'd get the hookup for free....

MT has been really dry this year, so you might have a hard time finding flow....there's a whitewater page devoted to boating around missoula and more so to brennan's wave, the local play spot in missoula, but i can't seem to find any info on them. you might post on there and find a boating partner.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
there's a whitewater page devoted to boating around missoula and more so to brennan's wave, the local play spot in missoula, but i can't seem to find any info on them. you might post on there and find a boating partner.
I've heard that too, but haven't been able to find one. Closest seems to be a yahoo group called idahowhitewater. Maybe some zootown folks on the TGR boating forum too, but it is very low traffic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts