Mountain Buzz banner

kayak shoe repair

Tags
kayaking
2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  gh 
#1 ·
My beloved 5.10 kayak shoes have erupted and I don't want to ditch them. They smell so perty! Can you use aquaseal to heal the uppers or is there a better approach?

#3 ·
So you dont post out here for years and when you finally do its to abuse me, figures. I am doing well. I think I am feeling an illness coming on and I am going to run up and do Foxton on Thurs, interested? Now to the main topic, my shoes. They dont make these anymore and they are the first ones that havent been ripped off my feet during my swims so I gotta keep em.

G
#4 ·
Sorry, I have school and have to work on Thursday. I haven't been much of a boater this season :(
I have found any shoe that goes ABOVE your ankle to lower calf will stay on in a swim. I have NRS booties and have definitely put them thru a few good swim tests and they have been bomber. :wink:
glad you are doing good and still boatin!!

#9 ·
Almost any outdoor shop will have Barge, since it's what's used for re-soling climbing shoes. I had the same deal with my 5.10 Mavericks and was lucky enough to get another pair after the repair only lasted two weeks. I think that model is out of production now...

#10 ·
Mavericks are what I am trying to save. I hate to lose em they are great shoes. Thanks for the advice, I will hunt some of these products down and give it a try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.