Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So at the end of May 2009 I'll be heading west and would like to find a job instructing, teaching or leading kayak classes and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for schools or clinics that might be hiring, that I could get in touch with. I'm an ACA certified instructor but just don't know where to get started out west, since I'm an east coast boy. Any suggestions?

·
HybridRednek
12 Posts
dude, I went to World class, it is run out of tarkio, montana, and the owner scott doherty is a stickler for perfection in teachers and coaches. They are pretty set anyway. look up Huge experiences. If your not looking into a full time job in teaching like world class or huge where you travel and live full time with the kids, I would consider finding a witner job like as a lifty at a resort and teaching for a business like CKS or mountain sports or backdoor in steamboat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rocky Mountain Outdoor Center

RMOC is hiring kayak instructors. We are located in Salida,Co. We love to hire experienced instructors, especially if you can guide rock climbing trips as well as rafts(but not necessary to get hired). It's great pay with lots of local paddling. If your interested you can check out our website Kayaking lessons & instruction on Colorado's Arkansas River, guided mountain bike trips, and rock climbing lessons for kids & adults or give me a call for more info.

colin
719-539-4680

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cascade Raft and Kayak in Horseshoe Bend, Idaho run by Tom Long is always a great option. He seems to like to hire people from all the over the place..But you would also probably have to a be competent rafting guide. Great place where in the summer kids kayak sessions happen 2-3 times a week.

cascaderaft.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts