Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dagger Rx 6.9, the beam that goes under the seat and attaches to the front and back foam pillars has separated from the boat. It looks like the plastic beam was plastic welded to the boat, the boat isn't under warrenty anymore. Does anybody know how to repair this? Or the process Dagger uses to attach the beam to the boat?
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is there anyone from Dagger on this forum?

I thought Hobie was, is he MIA?
Does anyone have a email address for Dagger, looked on their website a can't find one.
Thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
get yourself a drill and a 1/32 bit. Drill a series of holes parallel to one another on each side of the break. Run thin copper wiring through the holes and double it back through and then go through again. You'll want 4 or 5 holes per inch. Once you've finished the stitch and tied it off, put superglue in all of the holes. Not sure if this is the best answer, but I've done it twice to fix cracks in cockpit rims.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Plastic and Fiberglass Boat Repair

:) Greetings all,

If anyone is interested and lives in Alaska there is a company who specalizes in plastic repair and welding and fiberglass repairs. They are called 'Arctic B.A.T.C.S. LLC. Mobile Vehicle Interior/Exterior Restoration Services' . :) They are very reasonable in what they charge and is always cheeper then trying to do the repairs yourself unless you are already and expert yourself. Give then a call if you need something repaired. Their number is; 907-240-6040:cool::D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts