Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone out there help me find a kayak shop in Fayetteville, WV? I'm flying in to paddle the Gauley and need to rent or demo a kayak.
Thanks!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Was there first of July and ---

saw a couple of shops, but can't remember their names. Might try the chamber of commerce. If you haven't been to the Gauley Fest. before, be prepared to see more people on the river than you have your whole life put together. You get about 30 sec. play on each hole between raft run overs. During Gauley fest. I make sure I go to the Ark. or Payette. Liked the Lower Gauley as a river, but Ohiopyle is a great little run, even the New might be more fun than dodging rafts. I think Eastern boaters are used to the crowds, but not this ol' Western boater. Makes a busy day at Lunch Counter look like a desert. There were 20,000 people put on when we were there the weekend before Gauley fest. They said come back next weekend when things really get cooking, but no thanks for me. ps. Eastern water is too warm too, puts me to sleep. Have fun. Ron.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Was there first of July and ---

saw a couple of shops, but can't remember their names. Might try the chamber of commerce. If you haven't been to the Gauley Fest. before, be prepared to see more people on the river than you have your whole life put together. You get about 30 sec. play on each hole between raft run overs. During Gauley fest. I make sure I go to the Ark. or Payette. Liked the Lower Gauley as a river, but Ohiopyle is a great little run, even the New might be more fun than dodging rafts. I think Eastern boaters are used to the crowds, but not this ol' Western boater. Makes a busy day at Lunch Counter look like a desert. There were 20,000 people put on when we were there the weekend before Gauley fest. They said come back next weekend when things really get cooking, but no thanks for me. ps. Eastern water is too warm too, puts me to sleep. Have fun. Ron.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts