Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have updates on the kayak parks in Colorado. Such as Buena Vista, Vail/Avon or any others that are being updated for the season.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
The new kayak park in Pueblo was running a little over two hundred on Mon. and Tues. and its was 79 in the shade. Check with Bob at The Edge 719-583-2021 the local paddle shop. the station is the Ark.river at Moffat st. in Pueblo

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've been down to the Pueblo Park each of the last three days and was certainly kept entertained. Hole seven is still scary... it swallowed my parnter up just trying to shoot through it. Temperatures have been crazy nice.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If someday I get the proverbial wild hair and decided to drive around the country playing in parks, has anyone ever put together a description of where they are and what they're like? A book or an online guide or ... ?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Arn and Marty (Craw) fixed a small defect at the A-hole in Lyons this winter. We're in the process of raising money to build a new playhole in Lyons that will run through October 31st. Check out the Sticky at the top of the forums page regarding our fundraiser March 19th. The amount of gear that we've collected from our sponsors is incredible.....I'd typically refer to it as "off the Chain". All this will be posted in the related link soon.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
JHoch00, so they did nothing over the winter to take the bite out of number 7?

·
Registered
861 Posts
They will be building 3 more features at the BV playpark this spring. I believe there is going to be a big grandopening weekend with music, beer, and video premieres. But, I can't confirm that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Cor. has been down to the Pueblo park and has done the messuring and survaying and should start the new work any day. The plan is to build sevens shoot longer and bring eight up taller to floud seven out a bit. They allso want to put in some wings on five and six to provintthe high flows from eatting there way around the sides like last year. All in all its a great place with water and weather.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
good news, thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Keep an eye on the weather and if its going to stay nice and I think it is come on down.All welcome in Pueblo stop by the shop for demos or deals if needed. Bob and Jay are allways ready to help! 107 n. Union Av. 583-2021

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Most of the features will be very shallow at this level. If you are an int to adv playboater it might be too early for you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The gear collected for this fundraiser is without a doubt "OFF THE CHAIN".

Its also considered to be the "MOTHERLOAD" of gear. Oh wait, thats something else.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts