Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I'm a freelance writer previously covering ski and environmental beats, but I'm expanding my vernacular into the kayak realm.

Can people kindly give me some kayak "vocab" words? I don't want to use the terms "McTwist" and "Pirouette" like a gaper.

Thanks much!
Emily

·
Registered
6 Posts
Carnage:
  • Massive slaughter, as in war; a massacre.
  • Corpses, especially of those killed in battle.
  • What happens to me when I loose focus in Class III.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I'm pretty sure whitewater of the southern rockies has the complete glossary that you're looking for. In the mean time, and for comedy, I encourage creative definitions of the following:
Plug
Stuff
Chunder
Duffek
Grease
Manky
Too low

·
Registered
146 Posts
I also suggest you consult the Urban Dictionary online. Recently, kayakers began employing a type of tag-switching to describe extreme moves. An example of this is [email protected]'s recent posting of a picture of Wayne Chorter "raw dawging" a drop on the MK. Apparently, hanging out in east Harlem, west Los Angeles, or with Wayne Chorter will improve your kayaking lingo.

·
Registered
153 Posts
So me and the brahs were taking a paddle even though the creek was little manky. When we got to the first drop I couldn't decide if I should pull out my bad ass boof or just plug it. My boof was gay and I got chundered I must of looked like a duffek we stoped at kermits for a little grease on the way out man that creek was too low.
Or
While boofing with my brahs we decided a little pluging would be good. After greasing my duffek I plugged into that greasie biatch. She was so manky I mean it was lower than Josh's Mom. I could have been chundering in that hole all night long! After swimming through that crack we pulled out gripped my shaft and paddled away.

No brahs were harmed in the writing of this story!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts