Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently decieded to make a run into WW kayaking. I started WW OC1 about 10 years ago but was wondering for a tall paddler (6'7" 230 lbs 38" inseam, 15 feet) What would be the best option's for someone of my size. A few of the boats I've been looking at are:

Jackson SuperHero
Jackson SuperFun
Pryanha Burn
Pryanha Karnali

What are some other boats with leg room that I should give a look at?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Jackson seems to be the best when manufacturing boats for people of all sizes.
I would check to see how you fit in both the Jackson Super Hero and the Jackson Villain. The Super Fun is a great option for you as well. Another good option, but only if you want to playboat, is the Jackson MonStar.

For a little less money I bet you can find a used Jackson Mega-Rocker. Not sure about how you'll fit in those other designs but I think it's safe to say that Jackson has the best selection of big boy boats.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I am 6'8" with 38 inseam. I paddle a Jefe Grande without the bulkhead. I also fit into the Villain and Mega Rocker also the Fluid large creeker which Lief paddles.

It just depends if you want a displacement or planning hull.

Playboats are hard to find for small giants. I don't fit into a MonStar but do in a Superfun.

So yea Jackson has us in mind when they design boats.

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
Still have a like-new superfun for sale for interested peoples.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am 6'8" with 38 inseam. I paddle a Jefe Grande without the bulkhead. I also fit into the Villain and Mega Rocker also the Fluid large creeker which Lief paddles.
Question about you fitting into the Villian. I know it has the Unishock bulkhead, do you remove the foam and keep it all the way extended? Just trying to get a sense of any modifications I might have to make.

Jackson seems to be the best when manufacturing boats for people of all sizes.
I would check to see how you fit in both the Jackson Super Hero and the Jackson Villain. The Super Fun is a great option for you as well. Another good option, but only if you want to playboat, is the Jackson MonStar.

For a little less money I bet you can find a used Jackson Mega-Rocker. Not sure about how you'll fit in those other designs but I think it's safe to say that Jackson has the best selection of big boy boats.
Alright it sounds like Jackson SuperHero or Villian is what I'm looking at. As for the super fun, how does it handle river running. Its design makes it seem like a play boat, I was looking just to run some 3's this year and get comfortable. I just wasn't sure how well the super fun handles.

Thank you for the reply guys.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I've been paddling a SuperFun for years now and I think the 07-09 model handles great as an all around river runner and yet still offers play. I'm only 6'3", 250lbs, 33 inseam and size 12 feet. My brother also paddles a SuperFun and it fits him fine (6'6", 36 inseam, 220lbs).

I've paddled a SuperHero the past month and have used it with the foam on the bulk-head removed - that will save you at least 2-3 inches - and should do the same in the Villian.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright I ended up going with a superfun and villain. Thanks everyone for the feedback and sending me in the right direction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts