Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can find a solid kayak backpack? I think I've seen ads in Paddler, but can't seem to find a website that sells them....

·
Registered
911 Posts
I have designed and built some really funtional and lightweight kayak carriers. I wasn't interested in paying for a yakpack and had some ideas that I thought would work.

Ultimately, they work real well. They fold up to the size of a cantelope mellon and have padded shouldler straps as well. I wouldn't want to walk much more than 5 miles with them (which I have done in cali), but that is simply due to the weight of a kayak and full gear.

I made ten of them and I think I have two left.

I live in Boulder, let me know if you have interest. I sell them for $35...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Four Corners Riversports in Durango has them. You can buy it online at riversports.com.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Tough River Stuff

Ray, from Tough River Stuff, also makes them -- it's really a kayak bag with backpack straps. That's what I used to put my kayak in when flying, and to carry the boat from/to airport and between bus stations, etc. Not sure how it'd do for real hiking... but you can get in touch with Ray through http://www.toughriverstuff.com/. Hope this helps,

tom.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Craw,

If you can post any pics, that would rock. I imagine I'm not alone in thinking a small pack like this would be nice. All the other ones cost something like $100 and seem too big to stuff into the boat at the top of a run.

steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts