Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to take a minute to thank a wonderful man by the man of Kurt.

Until about a week ago I was living in Boulder enjoying my fantastic life and having a kick ass time learning more and more about play boating. Then, I got the news that my mother has been diagnosed with a nasty cancer that will be the fight of her life. I opted to move back to West Virginia and help her fight the disease.

Because everything happened quickly and I had much of my life to pack up fast, I didn't know how I was going to get my Kayak back. I posted a message asking for help to get my boat to WV. I didn't give many details other than I needed help if anyone was headed back east.
Kurt called that evening and said he would be happy to help, I just needed to get my boat to him and he would call when he arrived in WV. Although I gave him a couple bucks for gas, he didn't really even want it. He was simply happy to help a TOTAL STRANGER out of the kindness of his heart.
At a time like this, when my life feels like its kicking my ass, and everything has been flipped upside down..... and I keep trying to roll... and am only barely making it...I feel blessed to have met a TOTAL STRANGER that just wanted to help out.
Kurt, I don't know if you will read this, but I would like to say thank you, with all the sincerity that I can possibly muster....THANK YOU!!!!!!!
I know that Karma will repay you for your kindness. When I head to Fayetteville, I will call in hopes of taking you and your wife out for some good ol' frosty bevies!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Best of luck to your mother in this time of struggle. Cancer is a fight that a lot of people win. I hope she is one of them.

Scott

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
karma is a beautiful thing!

Hey Scott. Thanks for your supportive response. In the last couple of weeks I have found so much comfort in the kindness of strangers. I have a great support system in my friends, which I am so grateful for, but it seems to be things like your reply on mountain buzz that are so touching. It is a great reminder that there are so many wonderful people out there that like acting human and kind toward others....without trying to get something in return. Thank you,
Beth

1 - 3 of 3 Posts