Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
It's with mixed emotions I tell you all I'm leaving Reclamation. I've taken a promotion to another federal agency. My e-mail notifications will be temporarily suspended and I doubt anyone from Reclamation will post here about Green Mountain, Pueblo, the Arkansas River and the Voluntary Flow Program.

Fortunately, you all know this stuff pretty well by now! ;)

I will miss this community, especially. I learned a lot from many of the boaters on here and you instilled in me the extreme importance of government transparency and making sure people understand what their government is doing and why--a value I will carry with me always.

Stay safe while having fun, please!
Best,
Kara

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Thanks for all of your communication with the boating community over the years Kara! We really appreciate it.

Good luck with your promotion.

If your position is still open, let the reclamation folks know that I am interested. My specialty is putting as much water in the river as possible, which is a skill set any water agency should desire.​

·
Registered
458 Posts
Thank you for all your efforts, over the years.
Best wishes on your new endeavor!

- M

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, everybody.

I'm going over to WAPA--the Western Area Power Administration. Get to talk power from now on.

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
Say it ain't so! You have been a blessing Kara. Thank you so much for taking the initiative to communicate with the boating community. You have provided us with timely and useful updates for years, and I have no doubt it has been appreciated by many more people than anyone realizes... Best of luck to you in your new position!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Kara, good luck in your new position - they are lucky to have you. Thank you so much for all of your communication and work with the boating community. We will miss you.

·
Super Moderator
4,229 Posts
Kara, thank you soooo much for representing the BOR and putting all the great information out there for us. I hope your move to WAPA is everything you could want for you professionally and that you are able to help get the word out to the recreational user stakeholder community on the issues you deal with there!

The goodwill you've built up between the the boaters here on the Buzz, aka, the "recreational boating stakeholder community" and the Bureau of reclamation is, quite frankly, astounding. Especially considering the history we have among us. Your use of MountainBuzz has successfully optimized use of the river resource and enhanced the quality of life for thousands of US citizens throughout the Central Rocky Mountain Region.

Please tell us who we need to lobby for continuing the activities you've been performing on the 'Buzz. I'll be glad to send off an email or make a call asking that this part of your duty be continued.

Thanks again for all you've done!

-AH

·
Registered
193 Posts
More Power to you Kara!!!

I add my thanks for your efforts to share the information you could get to us - it was valuable and much appreciated and we thank you for being a civil servant who really tries to help All the customers.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Kara was that you that was inquiring about Montrose, awhile back. I left a message on that post explaining all the good things about the western slope. If that was you I again welcome you to our growing community. Hope to see you on all the great rivers, especially the Taylor and the San Miquel. Got a solid group of paddlers. Contact is Gunther at 497-6512.

·
Sponsoring Vendors
307 Posts
Please tell us who we need to lobby for continuing the activities you've been performing on the 'Buzz. I'll be glad to send off an email or make a call asking that this part of your duty be continued.

Thanks again for all you've done!

-AH
Kara,

Thanks for everything you have done and I would like to second Andy's statement above. I think it is in the best interest of the BLM and river users to have someone that will post relevant river info on Mountbuzz. Let the community know if there is anything we can do to help out in that regard.

Sincerely,
Zach

1 - 19 of 19 Posts