Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
June 5th or 6th

Hi,

I pulled a permit for the Rio Chama on June 5th or 6th. I'm based out of Santa Fe.

I used to kayak a lot in Montana and Idaho, but have since sold all of my gear. I am an experienced kayaker (have over 50 runs on the Lochsa, ran point on the Selway twice, maybe had 300 days in my boat)

I am looking to get into an open boat. Anyway, my friends are still out in MT and cannot make the trip across country for 33 miles of river, but you are welcome to.

If anyone has a boat that I can borrow that would be awesome, but I hope to line one up before then. Any sweet deals on a used open boat?

Send me an email if interested to [email protected] and I will add you to the yahoo group for the trip.

- Please be a contributing member of society -
- No Children, Dogs, or Glass Containers Please -

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking for a canoe. Most likely a royalex white water boat.
I was thinking about driving up to Colorado to check out a used Esquif Detonator.

My friends that canoe are all out on the river... Any advice would be much appreciated,

Thank you

·
Registered
55 Posts
I may be interested in this. I run an IK or raft. Tell me more by private message. Is it the stretch below El Vado? Camping overnight in canyon? Other boats going, what are they? Exact dates, costs? Water levels expected? I am out of Denver, but thinking of running the Rio Grande or something else in the Southern Colorado area. Vern

1 - 6 of 6 Posts