Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's still way to early to tell, but I've seen snow reports that the Salmon basin is at 96% snowpack, and unconfirmed reports from people that say the snowpack is way low and the road to Boundary could definately be open by then. Are there any MF locals that have an opinion on current snow conditions?

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'll bite.

I was in the Stanley basin last week and I was surprised at the amount of snow. I expected it to be much more grim.

It is early. Your date is borderline. You won't know anything valuable for at least 6 weeks. You can cancel with no penalty if the road is closed. If MFS fails just head to main salmon pre-season.

On Banner Summit probably half of the SWE we expect comes after today.

NWCC Report Generator

Just plan for marsh creek plan B.

That being said if I held a June 3 MFS permit I would feels 80% good about it. If someone invited me on said permit I would feel 90% good about it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'd say you'll be good to drive in. Was there last week and heading out here once my phone gets a charge. There isn't much snow as compared to other years, one of the warmest I've seen in the 15+ I've guided.

In the end it's all about how it melts, period. I've seen years with shit snow and high high water and years with tons of snow and average water.

I would bet the road will be open, if it's not it'll be political on the FS. There's always a couple slides that they want to melt naturally, I've gone back in the past and "helped" that process.

You'll have good water. My guess is the MF will hit 6' and very well could peak April/May.

Sent from my iPad using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
240 Posts
Milage from Marsh to Boundary

Hoping that the road in to boundary creek will be passable, got a trip planed for may 18th on a side note what's the mileage from marsh creek to dagger falls /boundary crk. Would like to see maybe 4ft on the gauge and start at boundary

1 - 9 of 9 Posts