Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for advise on outer wear for our first time on this trip.
I assume warm temperatures and cold water.
We're thinking of semi dry wear.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Swim shorts, t- shirt and sandals. Wear a paddle jacket in the morning or if it is cloudy, or you are in a kayak getting wet all the time. An extra layer of polypropylene is good to key in a day dry bag. The water will be refreshing but not bitterly cold unless we have a huge snowpack in idaho.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Shorts,vest & rain gear handy. If you get a permit. The water is warm in July. The weather can be hot or cool, you never know.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
When I did a July trip it was shorts, t-shirts and swimming parties every day.
I would just check the 10 day forecast before packing.

·
The Old Troll
458 Posts
You got a permit cool!

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Raft = shorts & T-shirt with layers and rain gear handy.
Ducky = Splash wear with layers, NRS Hydroskin, or shorty wetsuit, especially if you tend to be cold or anticipate a lot of "out of ducky" experiences.
Camp = Mostly warm weather stuff, swimsuits, but have some layering pieces, and good rain gear. July is usually pleasantly hot to blazing hot, but you never know. One year we had a rainy & cool August trip. Make sure your group has a good shade & rain tarp, big enough for the group to hang out under. Many of the camps, especially river right, have no shade.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Make sure everyone brings a dry top and rain jacket to ensure the swimsuit weather

1 - 7 of 7 Posts