Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone floated the Judith? Looks cool any info at there? I did do a quick internet search and found some info on the visit mt website, any more first hand info out there????

·
Einer
62 Posts
Judith River

Nice canoe trip in late spring...if I remember it was about 60 miles from the highway #81 bridge to the take-out at Judith Landing which is about a 1/2 mile downstream from where the Judith enter the Missouri River. This section is fairly remote and you probably won't see other floaters. I remember finding patches of wild asparagus which was quite delicious:))

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, any thoughts on rafting it? My love for canoes is heavily outweighed by the comfort of big boats!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Einer
62 Posts
Judith River - Rafting

I think it would be a fun raft trip in late May and the first two or three weeks in June depending on runoff flows. Right now or in the next few days it would be a fun ride as the rain has brought it up to 2900cfs which is amazing!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Haven't done it, but my understanding is there is the possibility of barbed wire crossing the river in places. :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone floated the Judith? Looks cool any info at there? I did do a quick internet search and found some info on the visit mt website, any more first hand info out there????
Headed out to float it this weekend via canoe. Put in at the HWY 81 bridge to Judith Landing on the Missouri. Glow is at 650cfs at the mouth near Judith Landing. Hoping this is high enough??? I will file a full report regarding remoteness, barbed wire and snakes next week.
Christopher

·
Registered
3 Posts
Judith recap

Trip was great. Caught an 850 cfs (would not go if it was below 550 cfs) flow that was registering near the mouth at the Missouri. Floated in a canoe with two labs form the HWY 81 bridge. Camped two nights. River was relatively swift with attention needed the majority of the time. A few strainers on the lower 20 miles. About 15 miles before the Missouri I explored an in coming creek, on river left. Flat bottom drainage with Cottonwood abound. Found several teepee rings and a neat old cabin with an iron stove hauled from Wisconsin in the meadow out front.

Saw no one on the lower 30 miles and 2-3 people activity on ranches in the first 30. Perfect. Will do again spring of 2018. Many geese, a few beavers, found a full 6x6 whitetail skull.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts