Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a set jpw cat tubes and realized that the separation baffle in one of the tubes is blown other than that there are no holes or patches and tubes hold pressure for days. any thoughts or predictions on the longevity or safety issues this might present?

·
Registered
688 Posts
So each tube has two chambers, and the separator between the two chambers blew? If you inflate it, and there aren't any deformities (it still looks exactly the same as it did before), than theoretically they should last just as long as they would if it hadn't blown. You should only have a problem if you puncture that tube. The two chambers allow half the tube to stay afloat even if you get a hole in the other chamber. If you don't get that tube fixed and you get a hole, well then your pretty much screwed until you make it to the shore to repair it.

RMR, Hyside, NRS, Sawyer, K2 coolers, Whitewater Worthy Trailers, Frames and soft goods
642 Posts
Call JPW and ask to speak with Jack or Errol. I have worked with them a lot and they will walk you through the repair process. They are a great company and pride themselves on customer service. I once had a friend loose a cat tube out of a truck and drag it down the highway. JPW were able to repair it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.