Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there will be some complaints about this post, but it has to be posted nonetheless.

NOTICE TO BOATERS, TUBERS, FISHERMEN & FISHERWOMEN

From June 28th, 2007 through July 8th, 2007, between the hours of 8:00am and 5pm, the North American Junior Olympics Whitewater Championships will be taking place at the Clear Creek Whitewater Park, located in Golden CO.

There will be hundreds of participating paddlers (mostly young paddlers) training and competing dur the course of these games. A great proportion of these paddlers have traveled from other countries to compete, and as such, there are language barriers.

Due to safety and security concerns with our foreign athletes, we ask all of you whom are not participating in these games to remain acutely aware of racers in the water and to move aside in a feature when they are coming down the course during their training runs.

During actual competition, you may be asked by safety staff to remove yourself from the course if deemed a hazard to competing racers, or to move further down the river, or to the side of the river. The last thing we want are collisions happening on the water.

I know we all have to share the river, but this is a once a year event that will have major remifications for future editions of it if we do not help each other out here.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly via PM on here, email, or phone.

Mike Hyde
Safety Coordinator,
NAJOWC/US Cup - Golden CO
[email protected]

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Course constraints

This will effect the following:

Down River Race - From Tunnel 1 to Library Bridge

Slalom Event - Will finish above Library Bridge Hole (where the bleachers are. Basically the last gate.)

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I don't see why this is a problem. River features are "closed" to us Plebians during every other major comp that I've ever been to. It makes for a smoother, more professional event.

Notice on this is good and plus, its a great event and we should be proud that they chose Golden to host the games.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On another note....

Another thing I would like to ask those of you competing or attending the games that if you see any suspicious activity or persons, please contact the Safety staff, or race staff or Golden PD officers present at the games immediately. We do have a lot of foreign competitors, including the Iranian Women's Kayaking Team.

Thanks!

·
Registered
688 Posts
if you see any suspicious activity or persons, please contact the Safety staff, or race staff or Golden PD officers present at the games immediately. We do have a lot of foreign competitors, including the Iranian Women's Kayaking Team.
Do you think we might have Iranian Women Suicide Bomber Kayakers or do you think some redneck with too much Olde E in his gut will cause a scene? If the former, you might be watching too much FOX news.

-d

P.S. I think we should get the Hoff at one of these events! That guy is not only the bad-assesed lifeguard ever, but has foiled more criminal plots than the A-team ever hoped to!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I worry about...

Stupid drunks, stupid rednecks, sex offenders, etc...

and on that note... anyone messes with any of these kids (from whatever country), it will be dealt with and the perp will have a bad day all the way around.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You forgot to say...

"I pity the fool who mess with my kids!" Sounds like a really cool event and we are fortunate to have it here in Colorado. Good luck.

·
Registered
61 Posts
MOvies and Instruction ....

Stay tuned for instruction on and off the river from EJ and other Team Jackson Members at the event, Sam Drevo on safety instruction for a river steward program. 50.00 for 3 hours for the after work crowd.
Movies at American Mountaineering Center as well speakers from in and out of Whitewater.
Schedule to be found at Golden Whitewater Park and the Buzz in the coming days.

We are excited to organize the event showcasing our playpark.

Come check out the event... it will be cool!

·
Registered
652 Posts
I love it when Mike Hyde puts up a very bureaucratic notice saying a nice public boating spot will be closed. I wonder if the Junior Olympics stuff is really just him and a bunch of kids he's working with.

Is this the same guy who warned of police prosecution for moving the gates that are left in bad spots?

Perhaps I'm mis-reading it all, but the communication is just so sterile. Very bureaucratic.

·
Registered
61 Posts
No Basil.... It is the real deal. Permits paid for.... lots of athletes from all over the country and globe. Top dogs in all of kayak including the Jacksons and more.....
It is legit and Mike is just doing the right thing and making everyone aware of the dates of the event in which there will be 100's of folks enjoying our local gem.
If you want to play in the local gem.... join the event. Otherwise sit back and enjoy the tunes, eat some great food and suck in anything good that you see.
Sure is better than sitting back and bitching about what folks are trying to do to make our sport and environment better for everyone.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Stupid drunks, stupid rednecks, sex offenders, etc...

and on that note... anyone messes with any of these kids (from whatever country), it will be dealt with and the perp will have a bad day all the way around.
WOW! Add in the Pitt Bull packs and angry rove tubers and I can see why you would need the secret service there to protect these kids!

Sure glad we don't have these problems up here on the ark - I would never plan a event where I think or there is any probability that drunks and sex offenders would have a shot at the kids - guess that is all just part of the golden play park.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Apparently cowardly behavior is a subject they teach to pups...

Basil,

I was going to send this to you in a PM, but I'm not quite sure you understand much beyond posting in here.

You are one of the most incredibly rude, arrogant assholes I have ever seen post on here. If you have a problem with me, you bring it to me. If you can't do that, then that in and of itself speaks volumes about your personal character, which at this point seems incredibly lacking, tasteless, and immature.

If you have something meaningful to say or add to this, you can find me every day down at Golden starting on the 28th of June from 7am to whenever the days events are over.

RNECK,

Unfortunately, this is an urban area. Like any urban/suburban area you get elements in society that look for opportunities to do the wrong thing. It never hurts to be hopeful, yet mindful of our fellow humans. In a perfect world, there'd be no bad guys. But don't take it all out of context like some do on here. I thought all the pitbulls were owned by Michael Vick now? Maybe I missed something?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts