Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Jefe rocks. Its a mix of the Gus/Huck/Huka without the quirkiness of any of them. We ran the Embudo 3 times last weekend at 190-240cfs (medium level) and it just re-surfaces so fast and predictably and tracks really well.
Tim Kelton in NM sent this to CKS the other day. I think he was the first customer in the Nation to get the 2005 Jefe.

And yes, the Embudo is running. It will likely be too high within 2 weeks, so try to get down there soon!

·
Registered
84 Posts
We ran the Embudo once and the Santa Cruz 3x so somehow got that mixed up, but the water was @ a great level all last weekend for the first day with a new creek boat. I think someone else picked up another Jefe @ CKS too before me, but I posted a little review in the gear section since some of you were asking me to do.

tk

BTW the Embudo went from a boney 2.3 on 4/3 to 3.0'ish in six days and it was only in the 60's 2 or 3 days last week. So its going to start pumping fast this week if it stays warm and sunny all week.

Jefe Review
http://mountainbuzz.com/viewtopic.php?t=4048

·
Registered
499 Posts
You Bastards! I am so jealous, paddling the El Jefe AND getting on the funnel! If anyone from the front range is heading down to do the UTB or Embudo this weekend I'm lookin to carpool, with gas prices as they are there is no way I am driving down there alone :cry:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Brian, Two of us are planning on heading down for the weekend. Hoping to leave Friday afternoon. Possibly have space to carpool. Want to be a guide for some first timers?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Badkins,

I'm trying to motivate a crew from the fort. There could be space to carpool. Give me a call if you're interested 988-5502.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Well, I don't want to piss of the local crew by bringing down a gaggle of front range newbies to the embudo (but I do hear they can be appeased with offerings of Tecate... :D ). I spoke with Shizzle and may have a ride lined up with him. Regardless of wether or not your into running the gnar there is going to be plenty to do down there. Contact me and we can probably figure something out

-Brian
720-938-6498
[email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts