Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if I need a large or XL sprayskirt for the 2015 Jackson Zen. A lot of sites say you need an XL while other list it as L cockpit. Any advice?

I am also 5'8" and 150ish pounds. Would a medium be appropriate or a small be better, even if I was at the top out point?

Thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
ImageUploadedByMountain Buzz1432504130.574248.jpg I have been using this size from Bomber Gear on numerous boats. Tight on - Rogue 10, MonStar. Snug/good on - Zen L, karma L, Zen 75. Looser on Karma MD , mamba 8.6. Not sure of smaller new Zens but it fits my new Large well.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just bought a medium Zen, and was told in the shop that the sprayskirt for the large Zen was an extra large, a size up from the one I bought for the medium Zen

Which Zen do you have?

I am about 170lbs and have a 34" waist, and the size printed in the inside of the Liquidlife spraydeck is small medium, which must refer to my waist and not the deck, as I know jackson cockpits are bigger than most. Let me know if you need measurements of the spraydeck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got a 2015 Medium Zen. Im thinking maybe a large deck size with a medium tunnel would work. Unfortunately there are not places near me that I could try it out. Im 150 with a 30" waist.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got a 2015 Medium Zen. Im thinking maybe a large deck size with a medium tunnel would work. Unfortunately there are not places near me that I could try it out. Im 150 with a 30" waist.

I've photographed the outside circumference, (note the inside circumference is quite different, so if you can't physically measure it, make sure you tell its the outside circumference) It is 6' 8".

The photo links are not working, so here are the links

http://stefancarey.zenfolio.com/p553178115/e47e824bf

http://stefancarey.zenfolio.com/p553178115/e47e82660

·
Abron Cabron
611 Posts
Skirtfit.com Has2012 Zen specs.
2015 Zen - Jackson Kayak

Zen Medium

Max paddler (lbs)130 to 180
Boat Weight43 lbs
Cockpit Size34.5x20.25
Footrest TypeUni-Shock Bulkhead
Height14.5
Hull Model2015
Length8'6
MaterialLinear Poly
Model Year2015
MSRP (US $)$1,199.00
Opt Overall180
Opt River Running170
Seat TypeWhitewater w/ Seat Pad
Volume78
Width26

XXl Snapdragon cockpit fits my L zen like a charm.
XL NRS drylander barely fit my old superhero at all when dry, and was tightly applicable when properly pre-soaked. Same NRS skirt fits my superstar perfect.
JK cockpits are big, i would get an XL cockpit skirt for a Med zen......
each manufacturer should have a skirt fit help page. groogle it....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts