Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Buzzards!

A local consignment shop has a red Jackson Rocker for sale. Nothing spectacular, expected rash, no canning. Any thoughts on value? I'm 210, 5'9"

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Rocker is fairly old and one of their first creek boats no longer in production. I would hope it’s 150 or lower, 200 max for great condition. Not sure what size the boat is (sm/md/lg) to help with if it would fit, guess medium for you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rocker is fairly old and one of their first creek boats no longer in production. I would hope it’s 150 or lower, 200 max for great condition. Not sure what size the boat is (sm/md/lg) to help with if it would fit, guess medium for you
Thank you! I appreciate your response.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
For me, value on a used boat with no warranty comes down to how repairable it is.

Cross link plastic is hard to weld. Once they crack it can be hard to repair. It has been done and doesn’t mean you shouldn’t consider it. Just know it might be a tick more difficult to weld in my opinion.

I loved my mega rocker and once I moved into a Vilian I sold it, almost 10 years ago.

My friend still has the boat, it’s never cracked and he is super hard on it. It is his only creek boat and it is still going strong.

Displacement hull boats are awesome in my opinion and will build great skills for a paddler, it should roll easy, and requires skill and an active paddle to keep on line making for an active paddler.

It should be sweet!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts