Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey buzz community,

I am relatively new to kayaking and I am trying to buy a new boat. I found a super low price on a Mega Rocker and I am wondering what y'all think about that model. I am looking for something that is super easy to roll and also forgiving. If you guys have any other recommendations on different boats feel free to throw them out there I am 5'8" 190.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
That was Jackson's first venture into a creek boat back in 2007 I think. Could it work - yes. You can still find some reviews of the boat when it came out. Would that be the boat most people recommended off the bat - probably not. It is a big boat, I bet you would fit into a normal rocker unless you wanted the extra volume. If it is local would definitely go sit in it to see how it fits but you can always add outfitting.

What first boat to get is a huge debate amongst the interwebs - my vote is whatever gets you on the water safely and allows for fun. Think about what your end goal is playboat/river run/creek/expedition and there is a boat type to match.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bought one at a great price

And it was an unwieldy hog compared to the Dagger Mamba that it was supposed to replace. Took it back the same day I got it out on the river. The store I bought it from tried to sell it for $250 on craiglist and could not as far I I could tell.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Agree with above - despite going through some redesigns Jackson didn't really make a good creekboat until the Villain. However, it wouldn't be a bad beginner boat. I think at 5'8" you'll find your reach is a short for the boat. Unless $$ is your main priority I'd go for something else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts